FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Hyper .21 tuning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Hyper .21 tuning Reply with quote

Guys, I posted this up in the One Seven forum, but I haven't gotten any replies. I really want to get this engine tuned. It's on my favorite car, my One Seven, but since I bought it brand new 3 years ago I have yet to get it tuned. I try the stock adjustments and it won't idle at all. I lean it out and it idles so fast you would think it's going 80mph. Please help me. I'm sure someone out there an tell me what I need. I just can't believe that every one talks about how great this engine is vs. all the problems I've had with it. I haven't even ran more than a half of a tank through it. I've been running Nitro engines for a few years, and I just can't figure this one out.

Again, thank you so much in advance.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try to seal the engine? if not do so (back plate,carb,even the bolt that hold the carb). This ia a video from RC Car Mag http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PopyUFy6j34 this will tel you how,where and what to seal.
Also, You mention this that you have this for a few years. Did you inspect the engine inside make sure everything is in good shape and smooth(bearings). This a few things that you can look for. Once you seal the engine put the needles back to original before start the engine and use this information, it show you how set up all 4 needles. http://www.ofna.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4339

Good luck.
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking something is wrong with the engine. I'm just really upset because I should have put more time into this when I first got the car and sent it back under warranty. I have every needle at the exact spot that's recommended, I took off the high speed needle and set the mid range perfectly, and I can't even get the freaking thing to start now. My arm is about to fall off from all the pulling that I'm been doing on this stupid thing for the last 2 days. I'm starting to remember why I just put the car on my shelf and let it sit there for so long.
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I freaking give up. I can't even move my arm. I tried every possible setting and I can't even get the thing to turn on. I know I've had it more than the warranty but hopefully Ofna will take a look at it for me at least. When I spent $750 on this thing 3 months after it came out I thought I was going to have the most fun r/c car in the world. Not the biggest nightmare ever.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, did brake in that engine? Where is your location? Why dont you try to warm up the engine with a heat gun or a blower, get some aluminum paper and put it around to keep it warm. What a bout the fuel did you storage the fuel in a fresh place with no sun out of the ground? Don't know bro, for me a new engine is must difficult tu turn on even that if you warm it up to at least 200degrees will be easier to start even that you still have to crank a little. No every engine is the same but you can try heat it up. Also did you check if you have fuel going in the engine? try put a little fuel thru the carb and crank it, to see what happen. You can try too, Loose the glow plug a little and crank it to see if you have any fuel coming out, if you do put the igniter and try to start, see what happen. LMK, good luck.

ps: dont tel me that little thing beat you!!! lol
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just so frustrating. That's why I think something was wrong with the engine when I got it and I just didn't call them. I mean, I've triple and quadruple checked the freaking settings. They are spot on. Brand new fuel, brand new plug. The engine just seems like it's flat out too rich. I don't know what to do.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it to your LHS , I'm sure they will be more than glad to help you. GOOD LUCK
sarcar55

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried a new plug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: